BCA and IMDA have curated Advanced Digital Solutions (ADS) to support construction firms in adopting solutions for (1) Robotics & Automation (R&A) and (2) safe re-opening and long-term digitalisation in the following two categories:
Robotics & Automation (R&A)
BCA and IMDA have launched the Call for Proposals (CFP) for Integrated Robotics and Automation solutions for the BE sector on 9 Sep 2021 during the International Built Environment Week (IBEW) 2021: CEOs in Conversation.
The aim is for solution providers to step forward with readily available R&A solutions to be funded through IMDA’s Advanced Digital Solutions (ADS) support that can meet the requirements of (1) reduce reliance of foreign labour and increase productivity and (2) increase safety. Successful BE SMEs and larger enterprises will be provided with up to 80% funding support for qualifying costs to adopt these integrated solutions.
The R&A solution should align with the should align with the Robotics for Autonomous Construction and Facilities Management solution category described under the Construction and Facilities Management Industry Digital Plan.
The type of categories of solutions available include:
- General Task Robotics
- Specialised Task Robotics
- Maintenance and Facilities Management Robotics
- 3D Printing Solutions
- Other categories of R&A solutions
For more details you may refer to this document. You may wish to email your proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will also update this webpage on the supported R&A ADS projects and project leads once ready.
- Category A – Safely Re-open: Digital solutions to meet the COVID-Safe Restart Criteria defined by BCA. (E.g. visitor management with temperature scanning, smart cameras with video analytics and wearables to monitor safe distancing )
- Category B – Enhance Resilience & Efficiency: Digital solutions to digitalise workflows and reduce reliance on manpower. (E.g. e-Permit to Work, Defect Tracking Management, Quality Inspections)
Local construction companies can receive funding for up to 80% of the cost of the integrated digital solutions, subject to a cap of $200,000 per company. Funding caps for Categories A and B also apply:
- Category A: Cap of $20,000 per site, for up to 5 existing construction sites.
- Category B: Cap of $24,000 per site, for up to the same 5 existing sites where Category A solutions are implemented.
Interested companies should directly contact the following ADS project leads:
Refer to the factsheet on ADS projects for the construction sector for more information.