The Built Environment Robotics R&D programme, led by BCA and the National Robotics Programme (NRP), focuses on research, development and deployment of innovative robotics.
The three focus areas of the Built Environment Robotics R&D programme are:
Completed / current funded projects and their research outcomes
1. Robotics for Construction 4.0 [on-going]
- Cyber-physical system for PPVC production and assembly
- Robot assisted supervision and monitoring of construction progress
- High-mobility robot for general construction tasks
- Robotic assembly of prefabricated components on-site
2. Automated Lane Closure and Re-Opening System [on-going]
3. Site monitoring robot [on-going]
4. Heavy materials transport robot [on-going]
Past and open grant calls under the R&D Programme
1st Grant Call
The 1st open grant call under the BE Robotics R&D programme was closed on 11 January 2019.
2nd Grant Call
BCA has launched a 2nd open grant call and would like to invite applicants to submit their research proposals under the BE Robotics R&D Programme.
Call Opens: 15 May 2020
Submission Deadline: 30 June 2020
Summary of Challenge Statements
The challenge statements under the 2nd grant call for research proposals are:
- Centralised geo-spatial imaging & measuring systems for inspections – evidence based smart inspections for building projects
- Optimising earthworks with robotics – autonomous fleet operations for heavy construction equipment
Principal Investigators (PIs) from all Singapore-based institutions of higher learning (IHLs), public sector agencies and not-for-profit research laboratories as well as companies and company-affiliated research laboratories/institutions, are eligible to apply.
For further enquiries, please contact BCA_ROBOTICS@bca.gov.sg.
Please refer to the following attachments for more details regarding the 2nd grant call: