The Built Environment Robotics R&D programme, led by BCA and the National Robotics Programme (NRP), focuses on research, development and deployment of innovative robotics.
The three focus areas of the Built Environment Robotics R&D programme are:
Completed / current funded projects and their research outcomes
1. Robotics for Construction 4.0 [on-going]
- Solutions to enhance automation of PPVC construction processes from factory production to on-site installation.
- Cyber-physical system for PPVC production and assembly
- Robot assisted supervision and monitoring of construction progress
- High-mobility robot for general construction tasks
- Robotic assembly of prefabricated components on-site
2. Automated Lane Closure and Re-Opening System [on-going]
- Remotely operated traffic warning signs and cones placement and retrieval system
3. Site monitoring robot [on-going]
- A mobile platform integrated with survey tools for autonomous reading, recording and analysis of geotechnical instrumentation data
4. Smart Inspection Robots [on-going]
- Robotic solutions capable of travelling over construction site environment, equipped with inspection tools and able to integrate BIM data into its inspection processes and construction progress monitoring
5. System for remotely operated excavators [on-going]
- Remotely operated excavators via operation command centre
The 1st and 2nd open grant calls under the BE Robotics R&D programme are closed.
For further enquiries, please contact BCA_ROBOTICS@bca.gov.sg.