Adoption of Good HR Practices for a Better Built Environment Workplace
To attract and retain local talents in the Built Environment (BE) sector, it is important that BE firms adopt good human resource (HR) practices. In 2014, a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed between BCA and the Construction Industry Joint Committee (CIJC)* to push for the adoption of good HR practices in the sector through the "Pledge for a Better Built Environment Workplace".
What are the Benefits of a Pledge Signing Firm?
|Branding and Publicity
- Positive image to better attract and retain talent with listing as a Pledge signer in BCA’s website
- Free use of Pledge logo in firms’ collaterals for branding purposes:
- Access to HR-related resources such as the HR Guidebook for the Built Environment Sector and HR tools/templates
- Receive updates on HR-related information and invitation to HR-related seminars/trainings
The Human Resource Guidebook
The Human Resource (HR) Guidebook for the built environment sector is developed by the Building and Construction Authority (BCA) in consultation with the built environment firms. This Guidebook is designed to be a resource guide for HR professionals in built environment firms, including developers, consultants and contractors. The Guidebook follows the key HR principles from the Pledge, and aims to help firms improve their HR practices and build up the sector’s HR capabilities. Together, let's build a better built environment workplace.
Key HR areas
- Recruitment and on-boarding
- Internal Communications
- Rewards and compensation
- Wellness and support schemes
HR Practices Guide
- Customised HR practices for the built environment sector based on the 5 key principles of the Pledge
- Uses an FAQ format with relevant “Quick Tips” to guide users
HR Tools & Templates
- Self-assessment HR tools to assess your firm's HR maturity level
- Commonly used HR templates to help develop your firm’s HR processes
Best Practices & Resources
- Collation of best practices and case studies of built environment firms
- Available HR resources for your firm’s reference to develop talents
Steps to Receive the Guidebook
Step 1: Sign the Pledge (if your firm had not done so).
Step 2: Once your firm is listed on the Pledge registry, you will receive instructions to download the Guidebook.
Info & Resources:
Download the brochure to learn more about the Pledge and Guidebook:
Download the list of firms in the Pledge Registry: