Expanded Man-Year Entitlement (MYE) Refunds for Construction Firms

What is it?

At the onset of COVID outbreak, BCA and Ministry of Manpower (MOM) have implemented a temporary scheme on 01 Apr 2020 to refund unused Man-Year Entitlement (MYE) to construction firms that faced work disruptions due to delays in overseas supplies, and entry of foreign construction workers due to travel restrictions.   The agencies have reviewed and will expand the scheme to include scenarios where work disruption arose from Circuit Breaker and other COVID-19 work restriction measures from 1 Apr - 31 Aug 2020.

Eligibility Criteria

Firms which employ MYE workers during 01 Apr 2020 - 31 Aug 2020 will be considered for the MYE refund, subject to the following criteria:

- The period for which the MYE worker was holding onto a valid worker permit between 01 Apr 2020 to 31 Aug 2020 will be deemed as the MYE loss period.

Example:  For Firm XYZ that employs 5 MYE workers:


Work Pass Issuance

Work Pass Expiry

Period of MYE loss

MYE loss


01 Jan 2020

31 Dec 2020

Apr – Aug

5 months


01 Jun 2020

31 May 2021

Jun - Aug

3 months


01 May 2019

30 Apr 2020


1 month


01 Apr 2019

31 Mar 2020

Not eligible


01 Sep 2020

31 Aug 2021

Not eligible

mye eg 1

- As per existing scheme, MYE loss will be aggregated across all eligible workers and rounded to a full year MYE if the aggregated number is 9 months or more. In Firm XYZ’s case, its total MYE loss is 5+3+1 = 9 months.  Hence, it will be refunded with 1 MYE, which Firm XYZ can utilise within a one-year period.

- For firms which have already received MYE refund under the earlier scheme, the MYE refund granted will be deducted from the total amount of MYE refund under the expanded scheme.

How to apply?

Firms which are eligible for at least 1 MYE refund based on the criteria above, will receive an email from BCA in the month of December 2020. The email will carry instructions on what firms are required to do to claim the MYE refund.  Firms will receive the final outcome within 2 weeks after submitting the required information to BCA,

Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for FAQs

Online Enquiry           

For enquiries and appeals, please email to BCA_MYE_Refund@bca.gov.sg with subject heading: MYE Refund Enquiry / Company Name

Popular e-Services


The Construction Workforce Registration System (CWRS) is an online portal for CoreTrade and Multi-skilling registration and the renewal of Direct R1 eligibility.

Online Registration for Verification System

ORV allows you to register the workers for Identity Verification and check your registration status online.

Online PTO System

Lift and escalator owners, contractors and Authorised Examiners (AEs) can apply for and view applications for Permit to Operate (PTO) here.