The BCA launched the BCA ISO 9000 Certification Scheme in 1991. The objective of this scheme is to promote the adoption of an international quality management system standards in Singapore's construction industry. More than 200 firms in the architectural, construction, engineering, property, building materials and related fields have since been certified under this scheme.
BCA aims to provide a highly professional and impartial certification service for all firms within the construction industry leading to achievement of compliance with the relevant requirements of the ISO 9000, ISO 14000 and OHSAS 18000 standards.
To support the Mission Statement, we have established the following philosophy statement:-
- We are committed to customer satisfaction.
- We strive for continuous improvement.
- We strive to achieve professionalism excellence in our scope of services.
- We are firm in ensuring confidentiality and impartiality in our work.
- We understand the importance of impartiality and strive to eliminate or reduce any threats to impartiality.
- We manage conflict of interest and ensure the objectivity of our management system certification activities.
ACCREDITATION OF BCA ISO 9000 CERTIFICATION SCHEME BY SAC
Accreditation is an endorsement of a certification body's independence, integrity and technical competence. It enables the certification bodies to offer its services with confidence both nationally and world-wide. Accreditation will also add prestige and recognition to certificates issued by the certification scheme. The BCA ISO 9000 Certification Scheme was accredited by Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC) on 11 Nov 1997.
The accreditation covers the following scopes:
- Engineering Services
- Consultants serving the construction industry, such as civil and structural engineers, mechanical and electrical engineers
- Architectural and interior design services
- Quantity surveying, land surveying services
- Property development, property management, project management and property agency services
- Construction materials and related products
- Education and training for the construction industry
- Occupational safety and health, and environmental auditing, training and consultancy services for the construction industry
SAC - SINGAPORE ACCREDITATION COUNCIL
The Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC) was established in October 1996 to carry out independent accreditation of certification bodies and personnel in Singapore.
The Council consists of representatives from various industries, purchasers and suppliers, government departments, professional bodies, national standards authority, academic and certification bodies and laboratories.
BCA Management Systems Certified Companies