The Accreditation Scheme for Recycled Aggregate Suppliers is an industry-led effort to address questions on the quality and performance of recycled products, due to a lack of accepted specifications and a lack of understanding of recycling processes by industry professionals.
It aims to:
- Improve the quality and consistency of recycled aggregates through the adoption of the testing standards specified in the BS EN12620.
- Increase confidence in the specification of recycled aggregates for use in concrete production.
- Provide recognition to Waste Recyclers who are committed to quality, consistency and safety of the production plant and products.
This scheme is managed by the Waste Management and Recycling Association of Singapore (WMRAS), and supported by the BCA-WMRAS Working Committee on Sustainable Construction.
Who can apply
The scheme is open to waste processing companies which supply recycled concrete aggregates meeting requirements of SS EN 12620: Specification for Aggregates for Concrete. The company's facilities must be located within Singapore.
How do companies benefit?
Companies can look forward to:
- Recognition by authorities and construction industry.
- Greater user confidence and acceptance of the company’s products.
- Enhanced company image and improved marketability and competitiveness.
Accredited recyclers will be capable of supplying recycled aggregates for use in non-structural concrete components and for structural usages, subject to the approval and guidelines stipulated by the Authorities and Consultant.
Accreditation is based on the following criteria:
- Company Financial Status
- Facilities & Equipment
- Human Resource
- Quality Assurance Testing
- Quality Management System & Documentation
The criteria and testing requirements were developed in line with the Standards and Specifications of SS EN 12620.
Waste Recyclers are assessed using the accreditation criteria during the accreditation audit, and the accreditation is valid for a period of one year. Subsequently, accredited recyclers will be assessed annually for compliance in order to retain their grading.
How to apply
Submit a completed application form to WMRAS.
Applications will be reviewed by an Accreditation Approving Committee chaired by WMRAS, and comprising of members from BCA, National Environment Agency (NEA) and Land Transport Authority (LTA).