Maintenance of Air-conditioning Unit
As an owner, you must check your air-conditioning unit and its structural support regularly to ensure that they remain safe and secure. If an air-conditioning unit falls due to lack of maintenance, you may face a maximum fine of $10,000, and/or jail term of up to one year.
- Check your air-conditioning unit and its support bracket for signs of corrosion and wear and tear at least once every 6 months
- Get the trained air-conditioning unit installer to carry out a thorough inspection when you engage an air-conditioning servicing contractor to clean/maintain your air-conditioning unit
- Engage a trained air-conditioning unit installer to replace any bracket that is badly corroded with a new, stainless steel bracket
- Repair your concrete ledge or casing that holds the air-conditioning unit if it shows any signs of cracking or deterioration
- Ensure that the person undertaking air-conditioning retrofitting or installation works is a trained installer who has a identification pass and registered with BCA