This scheme allows quality workers, who may not have acquired the necessary years of local construction experience but are highly skilled, to upgrade to “Higher Skilled” R1 construction workers.
Employers will have greater flexibility in deploying higher skilled workers on-site, hence reducing the downtime and improving their productivity.
Who can apply
Workers will need to meet the following criteria to qualify:
- Minimum fixed monthly salary of $1,600 per month; and
- Passed the SEC(K) test taken at higher skill level.
Continuing education and training (CET) requirements
- Direct R1 eligibility status is valid for 2 years.
- To renew their registration, workers are required to attend Continuing Education and Training (CET) in their registered SEC(K) trade.
- CET will be a half-day course covering the latest codes and regulations, good practices, and demonstration of new methods, materials, tools and equipment relevant to the specific construction trades and/or areas of responsibility of the worker.
- View list of ATTCs offering CET, and CET course dates and fees.
How to apply
Submit an application at a BCA Approved Training and Testing Centre or Overseas Testing Centre for SEC(K) assessment at higher skill level.