Regular inspection and maintenance of slopes and slope protection structures help prevent damage to surrounding properties and injury to people.
Responsibilities of owners and management corporations
When there are tell-tale signs of defects,
- Engage a Professional Engineer (PE) in the civil, structural or geotechnical discipline to inspect, assess and recommend rectification measures
- Rectify defects recommended by the PE
Ways to prevent slope erosion or sliding
- Be vigilant in looking out for defects or damages
- Be proactive in holding regular inspections and maintenance
- Rectify defects to prevent soil erosion and water inflow during heavy rainfall as slop protection structures will deteriorate over time
Signs of defects and slope protection structures
Refer to Safe Slope and Slope Protection Structures.