Construction Safety Orientation Course (CSOC)


CSOC Requirement

MOM/WSHC requires all workers in the construction industry to attend and pass the CSOC to ensure that they have attained key knowledge to work safely. Effective 01 May 2013, all construction workers need to attend an enhanced two-day course incorporating a new practical training and assessment component. Workers who have passed this CSOC will be exempted from the Work-at-Heights (Workers) course, unless required by the employer.

CSOC Available at Overseas Testing Centres (OTCs)

All new and returning foreign workers are allowed to sit for Construction Safety Orientation Course (CSOC) at BCA’s approved Overseas Testing Centres (OTCs) before coming to Singapore to work in the construction industry. They can be trained and assessed in their home country before arriving in Singapore. Employers are also able to deploy their workers immediately upon their arrival in Singapore. The list of OTCs offering CSOC is shown in Table 1.

Table 1:

BCA Overseas Testing Centres (OTCs) Offering Construction Safety Orientation Course (CSOC)

Country City Name of OTC
PRC Hangzhou 1) Hangzhou Test Centre
Nanjing 2) Nanjing Test Centre
Shenyang 3) Shenyang Test Centre
India Chennai 4) Hytech Goodwill Training and Testing Centre
5) TAC Resources (India) Pte Ltd
Hyderabad 6) TTJ Test Centre
Bangladesh Dhaka 7) Comfort Delgro-Setsco Test Centre
8) Fonda Test Centre
9) Lian Beng Training and Testing Centre
10) Progressive Test Centre
11) Santarli’s STL Test Centre
12) Singapore Engineering & Construction - South Point Skills Centre
Myanmar Yangon 13) Htet OO - Teambuild Training and Testing Centre
Thailand Chiang Mai 14) Chiang Mai Testing Centre
Udon Thani 15) Thai Pattana Test Centre

OTC Contact Details:https://www.bca.gov.sg/otc/otc_main.html

CSOC Application
Flow Chart

Popular e-Services


The Construction Workforce Registration System (CWRS) is an online portal for CoreTrade and Multi-skilling registration and the renewal of Direct R1 eligibility.

Overseas Testing Management System

OTMS allows you to register the workers for Identity Verification and to check your registration status online.

Lifts and Escalators Application (LEAP) Portal

Lift and escalator owners, contractors and Specialist Professional Engineers (SPEs) can apply for and view applications for Permit to Operate (PTO) here.