Facilities Management Implementation Committee
Set up in April 2018, the tripartite Facilities Management Implementation Committee (FMIC) brings together major stakeholders from public and private sectors to co-develop initiatives to advance the Facilities Management (FM) sector.
Members on the FMIC
- Service Buyers (Developers/Building Owners)
- FM Service Providers
- Trade Associations and Chambers (TAC)
To advance the FM industry towards Integrated and Aggregated FM, from a labour-intensive industry to a productive one using data analytics, predictive maintenance and smart solutions.
FMIC has made good progress since 2018 and more initiatives are underway and to be rolled out in coming years to further advance FM sector towards integrated and aggregated FM in the next phase of industry advancement. The FMIC identified four key focus areas as follows:
- Championing upfront Design for Maintainability;
- Promote wider adoption of Smart FM technologies;
- Leveraging public sector procurement and partnering key private sector developers to create lead demand; and
- Developing capabilities at both companies and personnel levels to provide good quality FM services.
Key Strategies Ahead
Building on earlier efforts, we seek to shift the FM towards a more technology-driven, integrated and aggregated facility management (IFM and AFM) operations. FMCs and service buyers could harness efficiencies from managing different FM services on an integrated platform and aggregated a portfolio of buildings.