Registration of Multi-Skilling Personnel

Q23: What is Multi-Skilling? Who is it for?

The Multi-Skilling scheme was developed following feedback from the industry on the need for more upgrading pathways for construction workers. It is an alternative pathway for them to progress from “Basic Skilled” R2 workers to “Higher Skilled" R1 workers under the Ministry of Manpower (MOM)’s Foreign Worker Levy.

While the CoreTrade Scheme recognises those workers specializing in key construction trades, i.e. possessing “deep” skills, the Multi-Skilling scheme complements the CoreTrade scheme by recognising experienced workers who are competent in multiple trade skills or have completed 120 training hours of approved safety courses.

Multi-Skilling workers offer greater flexibility in deployment on site and hence help to enhance productivity by reducing productivity downtime. This will benefit firms as they will be able to deliver their construction work with lesser workers.

Q24: Can I deploy my Multi-Skilling workers to fulfil the CoreTrade personnel deployment requirements?

No, only CoreTrade registered personnel will be accepted for CoreTrade deployment requirements.

Q25: What are the registration requirements to be Multi-Skilling personnel?

Type of pathways

Minimum years of local construction experience

Acceptable qualifications

Skilled based

4 years

Have 2 SEC/SEC(K)s in different trades (SPM acceptable as 1stcertificate for Malaysian WPH only)

Non-skilled based

6 years

Have 1 SEC/SEC(K) and
(i) completed 120 training hours of approved safety coursesOR
(ii) WSQ Advanced Certificate in Workplace Safety & Health

Q26: What is the SEC(K) about?

SEC(K), which stands for Skills Evaluation Certificate (Knowledge), is a skills certification framework conducted by the Building and Construction Authority to assess a worker’s competency and skill in a particular construction trade.

Q27: Where can my worker apply for SEC(K)?

Workers can apply for SEC(K) at the BCA Academy or at the BCA Approved Training and Testing Centres (ATTCs). Contact details of these ATTCs can be found at ATTC contacts. Companies can also apply for their workers to take the 2nd SEC(K) at the Overseas Test Centres (OTCs). Please refer to the Overseas Test Registration procedures at Overseas Test Registration.

Q28: Where to apply to be Multi-Skilling personnel?

Multi-Skilling applications can be made via www.bca.gov.sg/cwrs.

Q29: My worker has less than 4 years construction experience in Singapore and only the 1st SEC/SEC(K). He intends to enrol for his 2nd SEC(K) in a different trade soon. Can I submit a Multi-Skilling application for him first?

No, he must meet minimum 4 years of construction experience in Singapore and holds one SEC/SEC(K) or Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) certification for Malaysian work permit holders, before you can apply for him in Multi-Skilling under the Skilled based pathway.

Q30: My worker’s SEC/SEC(K) has been retained by his ex-company. How can he obtain a duplicate copy of his certificate?

The original certificate will only be issued once to the worker. Any subsequent copies will be in the form of a statement called Skills Qualification Statement and note that each statement request is chargeable.
BCA has appointed Fonda Global Engineering Pte Ltd to provide application service for Worker's Skills Qualification Statement Request with effect from 5 October 2020. To make request for the statement of your worker’s SEC/SEC(K) skills qualification, please contact Fonda Global Engineering Pte Ltd at:

Address: 45 Sungei Kadut Loop Singapore 729495
Contact No.: 6515 5775
Email: statementrequest@fondaglobal.com

Popular e-Services


The Construction Workforce Registration System (CWRS) is an online portal for CoreTrade and Multi-skilling registration and the renewal of Direct R1 eligibility.

Overseas Testing Management System

OTMS allows you to register the workers for Identity Verification and to check your registration status online.

Lifts and Escalators Application (LEAP) Portal

Lift and escalator owners, contractors and Specialist Professional Engineers (SPEs) can apply for and view applications for Permit to Operate (PTO) here.