The scheme expired on 30 Sep 2022.
To encourage owners and operators of existing buildings to adopt water-cooled chillers using refrigerants with low GWP early, before the ban on sales of water-cooled chillers using high-GWP hydrofluorocarbons (HFC) refrigerants takes effect in 2022. The grant will support part of the cost incurred for building owners and operators to switch to climate-friendly low-GWP refrigerant water-cooled chillers.
|Company eligibility criteria
The applicant must be a Singapore-registered owner or operator of existing buildings* located in Singapore
* similar to those regulated under the Building Control (Environmental Sustainability Measures for Existing Buildings) Regulations 2013 which excludes industrial buildings; transport facilities; religious buildings; data centres; utility buildings; and residential buildings, except for serviced apartments
|Project eligibility criteria
- Existing buildings with building cooling provision from water-cooled chillers with HFC refrigerants of GWP value higher than 15
- Funding only covers the new installation of water-cooled chillers using refrigerants with GWP value of 15 or lower, for the purpose of space cooling. Works also should not have commenced at the time of application
||Project must be completed within 36 months
Third-party endorsement by qualified personnel is required to certify that the chillers installed are as per approved design. The qualified personnel could be any of the following:-
- Professional Engineers (PEs) registered with the Professional Engineers Board (PEB) of Singapore under the field of Mechanical, Electrical and Chemical Engineering
- BCA-registered energy auditor
- Energy Efficiency Opportunities Assessor (EEO Assessor)
- Singapore Certified Energy Manager
|| The scheme has expired
For more details, please contact LoGR_Grant@bca.gov.sg.