Enquiries on Existing Licence

Advertisement Licensing System (ALS)

How to change the licence ownership

The ownership of an outdoor advertising sign/signboard licence is not transferable. It is mandatory to submit a new consultation with the required documents and drawings via Advertisement Licensing System (ALS) to obtain a new licence.

How to renew licence

Renewal duration


Less than a year

Submit the renewal request via the Advertisement Licensing System (ALS) with the following documents:

  • Consent letter from the building owner and/or landowner, Management Corporation, HDB and Town Council, where applicable, on the continual display of the sign.
  • Declaration letter that the sign on display remains unchanged.
  • The Licensee has to send in the renewal request personally. Alternatively, the Licensee can authorise a representative to send in the request, with the Licensee’s authorisation letter.
  • Upon approval, make payment for the application fee via the different payment modes stated in the renewal notice by the stipulated payment due date.
  • If you are unable to submit the renewal request via the Advertisement Licensing System (ALS), please fill in the online form at https://www.bca.gov.sg/feedbackform/.
  • Please note that licence extension is subject to BCA’s assessment and approval.

Auto-renewal of licences annually

Giro payment is compulsory.

Post the completed original copy of the Giro application form to BCA.

Giro applications are subject to bank's approval. You will be notified via post about your Giro application status.

Deduction takes place in the next renewal period after bank's approval.

How to cancel licence

Submit the licence cancellation request via the Advertisement Licensing System (ALS), by logging into a registered ALS account. Click on “Cancellation Request” and fill in the required details. (Note: Licensee UEN/NRIC/FIN filled in for cancellation request shall be the same as the UEN/NRIC/FIN submitted during licence application.)

How to update particulars

Inform BCA of the updated particulars of the licensee and the licence number via our feedback form. The feedback form shall be submitted by:

  • The licensee; or
  • A representative can send in the request, with the licensee’s authorisation letter.

How to retrieve my past licence records or drawings

Please register an Advertisement Licensing System (ALS) account and submit the search and copy request for the licence copy or drawings via the online system.

There is a chargeable fee of $20 for each search. Some drawings/ information may not be available in our database. The search fee is not refundable, even if the search is not successful. Only the licensee or the authorised representative can make the request to BCA to search for the licence/ drawings.

To retrieve the search result, there is a chargeable fee of $5 and $25 for each licence copy and each set of drawings respectively.

Cheque payment is not accepted for search and copy payment.

Popular e-Services


The Construction Workforce Registration System (CWRS) is an online portal for CoreTrade and Multi-skilling registration and the renewal of Direct R1 eligibility.

Overseas Testing Management System

OTMS allows you to register the workers for Identity Verification and to check your registration status online.

Lifts and Escalators Application (LEAP) Portal

Lift and escalator owners, contractors and Specialist Professional Engineers (SPEs) can apply for and view applications for Permit to Operate (PTO) here.