How to Apply for an Outdoor Advertising Sign/Signboard Licence

Before you apply to BCA for a sign licence, check that:

  1. Your proposed advertising sign/signboard complies with the relevant sign licence guidelines and requirements.
  2. You have the relevant documents and approvals to accompany your application.

How to apply

Apply for an advertising sign/signboard licence with the following steps:



1. Register for an Advertisement Licensing System (ALS) account



2. Submit your proposal to BCA for consultation and evaluation

3. Apply for a Permit To Use, where applicable

Log into CORENET e-Submission System to apply for Permit To Use and submit in ALS

4. Formal application

Payment must be made during Formal application before BCA can grant the applicant the licence.

5. Make payment for application fee

The soft copy licence will be sent by email to the applicant after payment verification.

6. Other information

  • BCA generally takes 7 working days to assess an application if all the required documents are in order
  • It takes an additional two weeks if the proposal is to be evaluated by the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA)
  • Changes are strictly not allowed during formal application

Click here to download the essential guide to applying for an outdoor sign licence.


System errors during application

If you encounter a system error during application, please check that you are using one of the following systems to access ALS:

Supported systems and formats


Supported operating systems

  • Window XP (Professional, Service Pack 2)
  • Window 7 (32-bit, 64-bit)
  • Window 8 (32-bit, 64-bit)
  • Window Vista (32-bit, 64-bit)

Supported web browsers

  • Google Chrome Version 35 and above (preferred)
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer Browser Version 9.0 and above
  • Mozilla Firefox Version 29 and above

Accepted file formats

.doc, .jpg, .pdf, .txt and .zip

Popular e-Services


The Construction Workforce Registration System (CWRS) is an online portal for CoreTrade and Multi-skilling registration and the renewal of Direct R1 eligibility.

Overseas Testing Management System

OTMS allows you to register the workers for Identity Verification and to check your registration status online.

Lifts and Escalators Application (LEAP) Portal

Lift and escalator owners, contractors and Specialist Professional Engineers (SPEs) can apply for and view applications for Permit to Operate (PTO) here.