The Built Environment Accelerate to Market Programme (BEAMP) was set up to bring inventors and companies together to fast-track the innovation process to solve real world industry challenges. This programme was launched by BCA, JTC Corporation (JTC) and Enterprise Singapore (ESG) on 22 February 2019.
BEAMP supports innovation under the seven tracks of:
- Advanced Construction Materials: New alternative construction materials that improve a building’s performance e.g. durability, sustainability, reduction of noise during construction.
- Advanced Design and Fabrication: New technologies that improve productivity by supporting off-site prefabrication and modular building designs and construction.
- Automation and Robotics: Improving construction productivity and reducing reliance on manpower with automation and robotics solutions, applied from design through construction and post-construction phases.
- Building Inspection, Maintenance and Facility Management: Improving productivity, minimising safety risks, and reducing manpower reliance for building inspection maintenance and facilities management.
- Digital Asset Delivery and Management: Collecting and enabling data exchange seamlessly among project teams and building professionals from design through construction and post-construction phases, improving productivity.
- Construction Site Safety: Improving the safety of workers and personnel who access construction work sites.
- Smart Estate Management: Allowing estate managers to use intelligent technologies such as smart sensors and Internet of Things (IoT) devices which can respond to physical signals, collect and analyse the data generated, and help estate managers to work smarter and more efficiently.
Enterprise Singapore supports local small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with the Enterprise Development Grant (EDG) (for eligible enterprises) with up to 70% of qualifying costs, capped at S$30,000 for the Accelerate Solution Development (ASD) phase and S$250,000 for the Market Development (MD) phase.
Companies keen to apply for the Enterprise Development Grant (EDG) should meet these criteria:
- Be registered and operating in Singapore
- Have a minimum of 30% local shareholding
- Be in a financially viable position to start and complete the project
Each BEAMP cycle will begin with the launch of industry challenge statements to invite solutions. Networking sessions are planned accordingly to allow innovators the opportunity to better understand the needs of industry stakeholders and for industry stakeholders to assess capabilities of potential innovators.
Depending on the technical maturity of the solution proposed, shortlisted innovators will be channeled through the Accelerate Solutions Development Phase or the Market Development Phase, where appropriate.