Local SMEs can apply for Productivity Solutions Grant (PSG) for the Built Environment to co-fund up to 50% of the qualifying costs of adopting pre-approved digital solutions under the Construction and Facilities Management Industry Digital Plan (IDP). These Building & Construction sector-specific solutions have been assessed by IMDA to be effective, market-tested and cost-effective (The latest list of solutions here).
Firms may also find the non sector-specific solutions, which are supported by Enterprise Singapore for SMEs, useful for improving productivity. These are listed here and include solutions such as Fleet Safety and Fleet Management Systems.
As announced at MND’s COS 2023, a new tranche of the PSG for the Built Environment will be available from 1 Apr 2023 to 31 Mar 2026, to continue to support SMEs in their digitalisation journey. In the enhanced PSG, more pre-approved digital solutions will be introduced to help SMEs build digital capabilities and improve their productivity. There will also be greater emphasis on training and capability building. For more information, please refer to the media release.
SMEs can make multiple PSG applications for these solutions from 1 Apr 2023 to 31 Mar 2026, subject to a refreshed funding cap of $30,000 per firm over 3 years (from 1 Apr 2023 to 31 Mar 2026). However, please note the following:
- Each firm may not apply for the same solution more than once (including any solutions supported under the previous tranche of PSG for the Built Environment)
- Multiple Licences under the same Application must start on the same date
Who can apply
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria at the point of application.
- The applicant must be a registered business in Singapore
- Have at least 30% local shareholding; and annual sales turnover of not more than $100mil or staff strength of not more than 200 employees
- Have its primary and/or secondary business activity in Construction and Facilities Management sub-sectors according to the Singapore Standard Industrial Classification Code (SSIC)
- The applicant’s purchase/subscription of the solution must be used in Singapore.
- The applicant must not have signed or confirmed a contract with or made payment to a supplier, vendor or third party in relation to the purchase/subscription of the solutions before the application.
- The submission of an application does not automatically entitle the applicant to funding. All applications will be subject to evaluation and approval. Applicants may be required to submit additional supporting documents to facilitate evaluation of the application.
- The SkillsFuture Enterprise Credit (SFEC) supports out-of-pocket expenses over and above the funding support of PSG. Successful PSG applicants who qualify for the SFEC have been earlier notified by EnterpriseSG. Please visit the EnterpriseSG SFEC site for more details on the SFEC.
How to apply
To apply for the PSG, here are the steps to take:
- Visit GoBusiness Gov Assist to view the list of supportable solutions and identify relevant solutions for adoption
- Get a quotation from the pre-approved vendor for solutions of interest
- Log in to Business Grants Portal with your corporate pass to apply for the PSG
Third party companies are not allowed to apply or manage the grant on behalf of applicant companies.
Construction and Facilities Management Industry Digital Plan (IDP)
The IDP serves as a guide for local SMEs in the Construction and Facilities Management sector to digitalise their businesses, plug skills gaps and participate in pilot projects. Aligned to the Built Environment Industry Transformation Map, the IDP is part of the SMEs Go Digital programme.
The IDP provides a step-by-step guide on the solutions to adopt at each stage of SMEs’ Integrated Digital Delivery (IDD) journey. As the IDP is updated progressively, the list of pre-approved solutions will also be updated as newer technologies are introduced and adopted by the industry.
For more information on the PSG, please contact: