Under the Construction Industry Transformation Map, BCA and tripartite partners envisage a robust Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DfMA) ecosystem, to sustain the adoption of productive technologies over the longer term. To support shift towards DfMA and off-site work, the Government will roll out the Off-site Construction Special Scheme (OCSS) for DfMA facilities.
ABOUT OFF-SITE CONSTRUCTION SPECIAL SCHEME (OCSS)
The voluntary manpower incentive scheme will help reduce manpower and operational costs for DfMA facilities, encourage the industry to do more off-site prefabrication work, and facilitate a stronger Singaporean core to fill the new and higher skilled jobs in the DfMA facilities.
BENEFITS OF THE OFF-SITE CONSTRUCTION SPECIAL SCHEME (OCSS)
Presently, DfMA facilities are not allocated Man year-entitlement (MYE) directly, therefore most of the Work Permit Holders (WPHs) hired by the DfMA facilities are on the higher MYE-waiver tier.
Under the OCSS, eligible facilities would be able to employ an allocated number of WPHs at the MYE levy rates of $300 and $700 respectively for Higher-Skilled (R1) and Basic-Skilled (R2) workers.
HOW TO APPLY?
The scheme is available to operators of the following three types of DfMA facilities and their sub-contractors:
- Integrated Construction Prefabrication Hubs (ICPH)
- Prefabricated Prefinished Volumetric Construction (PPVC) / Prefabricated Bathroom Units (PBUs) / Prefabricated Kitchen Units (PKUs) fitting out facilities
- Prefab Mechanical Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) factories
BCA will be engaging eligible facilities to share more details on the OCSS and how firms can tap on the scheme to enjoy levy savings.
The applicant should:
- Obtain the relevant Precaster Accreditation Scheme (PAS) or Manufacturer Accreditation Scheme (MAS) (Click here to find out more on PAS/MAS); and
- Install biometric tracking system in the facility.
For enquiries, you may email BCA_OCSS@bca.gov.sg.