The Precaster Accreditation Scheme aims to:
- Improve the overall quality and productivity of precasters serving the construction industry.
- Provide recognition to precasters who are committed to quality and safety of their production plants and products.
- Encourage continual improvement and professionalism as accredited precasters aspire to upgrade to higher categories.
This scheme is managed by the Singapore Concrete Institute (SCI) as part of the effort to promote greater self-regulation by the industry.
Who can apply
The scheme is open to local and overseas precasters which have their fabrication yard located within or outside Singapore.
How do companies benefit
Accredited companies can look forward to:
- One bonus point to the structural score for projects assessed under CONQUAS 8th edition and using precast elements supplied by SCI accredited precasters.
- Recognition as being among the best in the industry, having achieved the required standards in its class of accreditation.
- Inclusion in the Accreditation Register, which is a good source for selection of reliable precasters.
Accreditation categories and groups
There will be three categories of accreditation, based on whether the precaster has had the financials, manpower, management, plant and design capabilities to produce precast concrete element(s) of a specified contract value in the past 3 years:
- PC1 - Total contract value more than or equal to S$30 million in the past 3 years.
- PC2 - Total contract value more than or equal to S$5 million but less than S$30 million in the past 3 years.
- PC3 - Total contract value less than $5 million in past 3 years.
Accredited precasters will be classified into the following six groups, which will help the industry to identify appropriate precasters for a particular project:
- GS1 - Precast Concrete Products (No Prestressed Reinforcement)
- GS2 - Prestressed Repetitively Produced Products, including all products in GS1
- GS3 - Prestressed Structural Products, including all products in GS1 and GS2
- GC1 - Bridge, Railway and Roadwork Structural Products
- GC2 - Sewerage and Drainage Products
- GA - Non-Structural Products
Accreditation is based on the following criteria:
- Management and Facilities
- Track Record and Production Drawings
- Quality Control in Production
The criteria were developed jointly by the SCI and the Building and Construction Authority (BCA), with inputs from precasters.
Precasters will be assessed using the accreditation criteria during the accreditation audit. Subsequently, accredited precasters will be assessed annually for compliance in order to retain their grading.
How to apply
Submit a completed application form to SCI.