The use of Prefabricated Bathroom Units (PBU) is mandatory for all non-landed residential Government Land Sale (GLS) sites.
The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) has set up an acceptance framework to ensure that the different PBU systems being used at the mandated sites are reliable, robust and meet minimum standards. The PBU acceptance framework consists of two parts - acceptance by the Building Innovation Panel (BIP), followed by accreditation under the PBU Manufacturer Accreditation Scheme.
The PBU Manufacturer Accreditation Scheme aims to:
- Ensure quality assurance and control in the production of PBUs.
- Set the process for manufacturers to produce high quality PBUs.
This scheme is managed by the Singapore Concrete Institute (SCI) as part of the effort to promote greater self-regulation by the industry. SCI will award the certificate of accreditation.
Who can apply
PBU manufacturers with local and/or overseas plants.
How do companies benefit
Accredited PBU manufacturers can expect the following improvements in their production processes:
- Effective quality plan implemented
- Good human resource management
- Efficient allocation and utilisation of resources
- High quality control and quality assurance
- Timely inspections and tests
- Regulated control of non-conforming products
- Realistic corrective & preventive action
Accreditation is based on the following criteria:
- Quality Management System
- Plant and Design Capabilities
- Human Resource
- Quality Control In Production
- Storage, Delivery and Maintenance
- Corrective and Preventive Actions
The accreditation criteria were jointly developed by SCI and BCA. It emphasises specific capabilities, processes and quality criteria for the manufacturing of PBUs.
PBU manufacturers will be assessed using the accreditation criteria during the accreditation audit. Subsequently, accredited PBU manufacturers will be assessed annually for compliance in order to retain their grading.
How to apply
Submit a completed application form to SCI.