The Waterproofing Accreditation Scheme aims to:
- Ensure a minimum competency and raise the capability of waterproofing specialist contractors serving the construction industry.
- Provides recognition to contractors who are committed to delivering quality waterproofing works.
This scheme is administered by the Singapore Concrete Institute (SCI), as part of the effort to promote greater self-regulation by the industry.
Who can apply
Waterproofing specialist contractors based in Singapore.
How do companies benefit
Accredited companies can look forward to:
- Award of full points for the in-process check of internal wet area waterproofing for projects assessed under The Construction Quality Assessment System, if the waterproofing work is carried out by a SCI waterproofing accredited firm. On-site verification is not required.
- Award of bonus architectural CONQUAS point (provisional) for projects which engage a SCI Waterproofing Excellence Award firm for their waterproofing works.
- Support by the Real Estate Developers’ Association of Singapore (REDAS). The association encourages its members to specify the use of accredited contractors for their projects.
- Eligibility for Waterproofing Excellence Award by SCI.
There will be three categories of accreditation, based on whether the waterproofing specialist contractor has had the financials, manpower and quality management system to install waterproofing systems of a specified contract value in the past 3 years:
- W1 - Total contract value more than or equal to S$5 million in the past 3 years.
- W2 - Total contract value more than or equal to S$1 million but less than S$3 million in the past 3 years.
- W3 - Total contract value less than $1 million in past 3 years.
Accreditation is based on the following criteria:
- Financial & track records
- Human resources
- In-house quality management system
The criteria were developed jointly by SCI and Building and Construction Authority (BCA), with inputs from waterproofing specialists and the Waterproofing Trade Association.
Waterproofing specialist contractors are assessed using the accreditation criteria during the accreditation audit. Subsequently, accredited contractors will be assessed annually for compliance in order to retain their grading.
How to apply
Submit a completed application form to SCI.