The Structural Steel Fabricators' Accreditation Scheme aims to:
- Raise the standard of fabricating firms undertaking structural steel works in the construction industry, thus contributing directly to its level of professionalism, quality and safety standards.
- Encourage continual improvement and professionalism, as accredited fabricators aspire to upgrade to higher categories.
This scheme is managed and administered by the Singapore Structural Steel Society (SSSS), as part of the effort to promote greater self-regulation by the industry, and is fully supported by BCA.
Who can apply
Local and overseas structural steel fabricators. The scheme also covers fabricators which have their fabrication yard located outside of Singapore.
How do companies benefit
Accredited fabricators can look forward to:
- Recognition as being among the best in the industry, having achieved the required standards in its class of accreditation.
- Inclusion in the Accreditation Register, which is a source for selection of reliable fabricators by good developers, consultants and contractors for their structural steel works.
- Competitive advantages when they bid for projects locally as well as in the region.
- Fair competition, as those not accredited will not be able to compete solely on low prices without having first achieving quality standards.
There will be four categories of accreditation, based on whether the firm that has the facilities, resources and capabilities to fabricate and erect structural steel structures of a certain height and span:
- Building, industrial plant or portal structures of over 30m in height
- Large span portal, bridges or trusswork of over 30m in span
- Building, industrial plant or portal structures of up to 30m in height
- Large span portal, bridges or trusswork of up to 30m in span
- Building, industrial plant or portal structures of up to 20m in height
- Large span portal, bridges or trusswork of up to 20m in span
- Structural steel structures up to 10m in height or span.
Accreditation is based on the following criteria:
- Financial Capability
- Human Resources
- Track Record
- Facilities and Equipment
- Quality and Safety Management System
Structural steel fabricators will be assessed using the accreditation criteria during the accreditation audit. Subsequently, accredited fabricators will be assessed annually for compliance in order to retain their grading.
How to apply
Submit a completed application form to SSSS.