The Prefabricated Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) Manufacturer Accreditation Scheme aims to:
- Ensure quality assurance and control in the design, production, and installation of prefab MEP modules.
- Set the processes for manufacturers to produce high quality prefab MEP systems.
This scheme is managed by the Specialists Trade Alliance of Singapore (STAS) as part of the effort to promote greater self-regulation by the industry. STAS will award the certificate of accreditation.
How do companies benefit
Accredited prefab MEP manufacturers can expect the following improvements in their processes:
- Effective implementation of quality plan
- Efficient utilisation of materials and resources
- High quality control and quality assurance
- Timely inspections and tests
- Improved management of human resources
- Regulated control of non-conforming products
- Realistic corrective and preventive actions
Accreditation is based on the following criteria:
- Quality Management System
- Plant and Design Capabilities
- Human Resource
- Quality Control in Production
- Storage, Protection, Delivery and Maintenance
- Benefits of Accreditation
The accreditation criteria were jointly developed by STAS and BCA. It emphasises specific capabilities, processes and quality criteria for the production of prefab MEP modules.
How to apply
For applications, please contact STAS.