| Please note that WTU Scheme has ceased on 31 Mar 2022, as part of the effort to streamline training grants across the Whole of Government. Funding applications are no longer acceptable.
The Workforce Training and Upgrading (WTU) Scheme co-funds up to 90% of selected training courses and skills assessments for firms in the built environment sector, with the aim of improving the capability of the workforce.
What are the supportable courses
Up to 90% funding support for Singapore Residents in the following course types:
(a) Training courses and skills assessments for CoreTrade registration*, Multi-Skilling* and supervisory level
(b) Selected Professional Managerial Executive and Technical personnel's (PMETs) courses that are directly related to productivity – View list of courses
Note: For courses which are eligible for Skills Development Fund (SDF), participants should tap on the SDF.
*Training courses and skills assessments for CoreTrade and Multi-Skilling are available at BCA Academy and various BCA Approved Training and Testing Centres.
Who can apply
Firms in the built environment sector with local workforce who meet the following criteria may apply for the scheme:
|Qualifying Criteria for Type (a) & (b) courses
For Singapore Residents:
- Achieved at least 75% course attendance rate
- Sat for the assessments
How to apply
For funding applications:
- Employers must read and agree with the Terms and Conditions of this scheme.
- Employers must submit an application to approved Training Providers at least one (1) working day before the start of the course or skill assessment. For Type (a) courses, applications should be made via the One-Stop Skill Upgrading System (One-Stop) and for Type (b) courses, applications should be made via the Workforce Training and Upgrading Online System (WTUS), before submitting the relevant course / assessment enrolment form.
- Applications by employers must be accompanied by the following supporting documents:
- For Employers of local participants, a photocopy of each participant’s identification cards (front and back).
- A copy of CoreTrade or Multi-Skilling Acknowledgement Notice, where applicable.
- To be mailed to BCA (Attention to Finance Department) – A copy of direct credit Giro Form to be duly signed and endorsed. Please note that funding amount can only be credited to your designated bank account via GIRO.
For claim applications:
- Claims shall be processed by WTU Administrators after the Training Provider has submitted the relevant documents upon the participants’ completion of the approved courses / assessments and the release of examination / assessment results.
- The Training Provider must upload the following supporting documents for WTU Administrators to process the claim application:
- Course Attendance Sheets to prove 75% attendance rate.
- Examination or assessment result slips.
- Tax invoice or official receipt received for payment made to approved Training Providers.