It is mandatory to use Prefabricated Pre-finished Volumetric Construction (PPVC) in selected non-landed residential sites which are sold under the Government Land Sales (GLS) Programme.
The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) has set up an acceptance framework to ensure that the different PPVC systems being used at the mandated sites are reliable, robust and meet minimum standards. The PPVC acceptance framework consists of two parts - acceptance by the Building Innovation Panel (BIP), followed by accreditation under the PPVC Manufacturer Accreditation Scheme.
The PPVC Manufacturer Accreditation Scheme aims to:
- Ensure quality assurance and control in the production of PPVC.
- Set the process for manufacturers to produce high quality PPVC systems.
This scheme is jointly managed by the Singapore Concrete Institute (SCI) and the Structural Steel Society of Singapore (SSSS) as part of the effort to promote greater self-regulation by the industry.
SCI will administer and award the Certificate of Accreditation for concrete systems, while SSSS will administer and award the Certificate of Accreditation for steel and hybrid PPVC systems.
Who can apply
PPVC manufacturers with local and/or overseas plants.
How do companies benefit
Accredited PPVC manufacturers can expect the following improvements in their processes:
- Effective implementation of quality plan
- Efficient utilisation of materials and resources
- High quality control and quality assurance
- Timely inspection and tests
- Improved management of human resource
- Regulated control of non-conforming products
- Realistic corrective and preventive actions
Accreditation is based on the following criteria:
- Quality Management System
- Plant and Design Capabilities
- Human Resource Requirements
- Quality Control in Production
- Storage and Delivery
- Installation and Maintenance
The accreditation criteria were jointly developed by SCI and BCA.
PVC manufacturers will be assessed using the accreditation criteria during the accreditation audit. Subsequently, accredited PVC manufacturers will be assessed annually for compliance in order to retain their grading.
How to apply