What is it about?
The Temporary Relaxation of Registration for Foreign Crane Operators is an interim manpower scheme to assist built environment firms in managing their manpower resources. It allows employers that meet specific terms and conditions to employ foreign crane operators1 under construction work passes.
1 All foreigners seeking to be employed as crane and hoist operators as the occupation reflected in their work passes for the construction sector are subjected to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM)’s prevailing work pass requirements and crane operator registration requirements.
Who needs to apply?
Applicant company or firm intending to:
- employ foreign crane operator on a new work pass, or
- renew existing foreign crane operator’s work pass
How to apply?
Please email the completed application form to email@example.com
Please read through the Terms and Conditions carefully before submitting the application for endorsement. An incomplete application form may be rejected.
1) The Company or Firm is required to first submit Form C to BCA for endorsement before applying to: -
- Any recognised training provider for their foreign crane operator to-be to attend training courses on crane operation; and
- MOM for work pass with Crane and Hoist Operator as the occupation and registration for their foreign crane operator to-be.
Applicant Company/Firm of existing foreign crane operators who intend to cross-train an existing foreign crane operator holding a valid crane and hoist work pass in other cranes, need not apply to BCA for approval.
2) For queries related to:
(i) Submission of the application
- Email to BCA
(ii) Work pass application and registration to be a crane operator
- Email to MOM, or
- Call the MOM Contact Centre at 6438 5122